Friday, March 29, 2013

The Remix culture or the art of improving things.

We are living in the era of the Internet and with the arrival of this new technology, it also came a completely way of see things. In other words, a different paradigm of how people interact with each other.

Internet represents the exact meaning of the word "technology" which is in a simple way of saying: making better every single thing that we know by using, changing, upgrading or creating new tools to be use in every aspect of daily life.

Trying to apply the same rules or restrictions for a new way of interaction like this (internet), it's just simply going back to the pass, to an era of darkness and stupidity, it's like living in the middle age where everything was ruled by the rule of the stronger.

I was looking for something to watch and I found a very interesting documentary that explains better what I was talking about: "Rip a remix manifesto".

I always wanted to watch it but I never had the time to do it:





I always thought about the remix as a new way of improving things, I actually have the feeling that most of the times, a remix version sounds better and is something that I will always prefer instead of the original.

The remix for me, is also a way of knowing songs or artist that are part of the mainstream that in normal conditions I will never listening to.

Here there are a few examples of what I'm talking about:






A remix of it, which is cooler:





Another one:




A better version of this song:




BTW, have a happy Easter!!


0 comentarios:

 

Sleeping With... Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger