Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mother Russia!!

In Russia the guitar plays you! Well, not true but what is certain when we talk about music, is the quality of it. What am I talking about?

We're so used to talk about music, technology, fashion, movies and all kinds of stuff in a global way; much more like an internationalization of every trend or topic, but the truth is when we say "International" or "Worldwide" the meaning of it, will be always "the western part of the world that we know" (or that we consider modern: such as Canada, US and the European countries that are part of the  European Union).

So, this is how most of the times, the rest of the world like the third world countries (e.i. Mexico) and sometimes including a few Asian countries that are in the list such as: Japan and Korea are excluded of the meaning.

In this context we are so used to think about the things just for us and from us, whatever thing that comes out of this bubble, rarely can become a mainstream phenomenon. It's at this point where technology takes part into the scene and presents a way different portrait of our reality, in other words: "our world".

Internet is the greatest invention of all the time, because a part for all the advantages that everybody already knows, it can give us surprises from time to time.

This is how I discovered Quest Pistols. Quest Pistols is an Ukrainian pop rock band that apparently is pretty big at the other side of the globe (literally).




I don't usually like mainstream music but sometimes I can find exceptions to this rule, as long as the music has  quality and a good rhythm I can skip the rule sometimes. This is the case and of course, I'm sure that most of you did not have any idea about this band until now.





I have to confess that I was listening a few more songs of them to see if there was something more like: "Я твой наркотик" (I'm your drug) but I didn't like them.

As you might know they are singing in Russian and even if the video falls on the typical cliché, the music talks for itself.

Do svidaniya (Bye).







   

1 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I might check things out.
I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward
to looking into your web page again.

Also visit my webpage; ideas for painting your bathroom

 

Sleeping With... Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger